Seven +/- two , non-exhaustive considerations:
- One good designer will design a better product than three great designers who can't agree.
- A diverse team, aligned through debate will make an even better product.
- You are not done, until you have removed everything possible.
- Adding unneeded features is an aggressive act of reverse vandalism.
- Icons are meant to be recognized, not read.
- Always ask, "what would possess a user to know what they should do next"?
- Happy teams make happy designs. The converse is also true.
- At the end of the day - there are things that need to be created & manipulated, collections of things which need to be located & shared. That is all.
- Screen real estate belongs to the user - not the designer. So be polite.